Jiagulan or Gynostemma pentaphyllum or “Southern Ginseng” is an immune-boosting tonic.
Jiaogulan tea is a strong tea with a bittersweet taste that, like ginseng, balances body energy and improves well-being. Tea made from the herb of immortality lowers cholesterol levels, improves memory, etc., however, it acts much softer than ginseng, without causing overexcitation, moreover, it has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Jiagulan tea relieves stress, calms the nerves during work overload, reduces nervousness,
- helps with diabetes, lowers blood sugar,
- has antioxidant properties,
- used in the treatment of atherosclerosis, liver diseases, hepatitis B, chronic bronchitis and with exhaustion and fatigue,
- the active ingredients of this plant have a positive effect on high blood pressure and reduce the resistance of the heart pump,
- counteracts the adhesion of blood components that can lead to thrombosis, stroke and heart attacks.
Produced: North of Thailand. Net weight 50 grams.
Making Jiaogulan Tea:
- The drink is prepared traditionally – a small amount of dry leaf is poured with hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Since it is very strong, a teaspoon of Jiaogulan loose tea is enough for half a liter of water.
- The spicy-sweet aroma and sweetish taste with a slight bitterness and barely noticeable astringency make tea made from the herb of immortality not only useful, but also an unusually pleasant drink.